Horsefeathers Store Policies Effective April 1, 2022
Updated April 2022: With the virus still with us, but with more people vaccinated, we’re changing our store polices to reflectAll have been put in place for a reason; some will be happy about them, others not so happy, some won’t care, and we realize this. We’ve really put a lot of thought into these changes and feel they are for the best, especially when it comes to health and safety. Some may change in the future, but for now, these are our store policies. If you want a reply to your comments or questions it’s best to email us directly rather than just comment below (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The following policies are in effect for Horsefeathers. Many of these are in place to ensure the health & safety of our employees and customers. These policies will be strictly enforced with no exceptions. Violation of any Horsefeathers Store Policies will result in you being asked to leave the store.
- MASKS ARE OPTIONAL. If the CDC Community Level is medium or high, masks are mandatory, but most days they are optional.
- HOWEVER, WE DO PREFER YOU WEAR A MASK. And if you want one, we will give one to you.
- LEAVE CHILDREN AT HOME. No children under 12 allowed in the store.
- WE NO LONGER SIZE BODY JEWELRY. If you do not know your size, visit our website blog; we posted a sizing guide there. Or call your piercer, they will know.
- SYMBOLS OF HATE ARE PROHIBITED. Any symbols, images, or phrases that Horsefeathers management considers to be hate speech is prohibited. You will be asked to leave the store, and possibly banned, if you come in wearing hate symbols.
- DO NOT BRING IN YOUR BODY JEWELRY IN THE STORE. We are not sizing body jewelry, so you do not need to show it to us. Please know your size before coming in. If you do not know your size, call your piercer.
- DON’T TAKE YOUR BODY JEWELRY OUT IN THE STORE. Please do not do anything such as stick your finger in your gauged ear, stretch it out, and ask us to figure out the size. Or stick your finger in your nose or mouth. We cannot tell sizes by looking at body jewelry. This would be an amazing superpower … none of us has it.
- STORE HOURS. We are closed on Sundays, Mondays, and holidays. We are open 11 am to 6 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
- DO NOT COME TO THE SHOP IF YOU’RE SICK. Stay home If you are exhibiting any cold or flu symptoms (cough, runny nose, sneezing, fever, shortness of breath) or are waiting the results of a COVID19 test.
- DO NOT REACH ACROSS ANY COUNTERS OR AROUND BARRIERS. Do not touch merchandise; a sales associate will assist you. Do not reach into display cases. Do not reach for your purchase at the register; we will hand it to you.
- STAY OUT OF EMPLOYEE ONLY AREAS. Several areas have been clearly marked as “Private”, “Employees Only”, or simply with the word “NO!” painted on the floor. As well, they are roped off or gated off. Do not go into these areas. Anyone attempting to enter these areas will be asked to leave the store.
- SOME ITEMS MAY NOT BE FOR SALE. Most clothing, beaded curtains, rings, posters, and stickers are examples of what is not for sale at this time. Check website blog for up-to-date information.
- OBEY SIGNS. The entire store layout has been changed. Please look for and obey all signs or instructions given by staff.
- BE COOL WITH THAT PHONE. Rolling around the store with your phone on speaker or video chatting your friends … not cool. Ear buds or save it for later, please.
- NO PHOTOGRAPHY OR VIDEO RECORDING. In general, all video recording and photography is prohibited in the shop without owner’s permission.
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS. We no longer have a place in the store to hold your drinks, so please don’t bring beverages or food to the shop.
- Other rules and policies that remain in effect.
- No Pets. Trained Service Animals welcome and we know the difference.
- If your credit card is unsigned you will have to show a matching government ID.
- You may be asked to check your bag. We prefer you do not enter with a bag.
- Premises under video surveillance.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
We’re all for freedom, but we cannot do, or not do, things that put others in harm’s way. It’s about mutual respect. None of us are enjoying the new policies that must be in place until the spread of novel coronavirus is completely gone. Likewise, none of us want to get sick. Our health and your health are our number one priority, thus these new policies. We care about you, that is why we are doing this. We ask that you equally care about the staff at Horsefeathers by following these policies. If you do not, you will be asked to leave. Flagrant violation of any Horsefeathers policy could result in your being permanently prohibited from shopping here. No one wants that!